ALFRESCO PAGES

Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice; Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

Friday, September 23, 2005

September 23rd

Me : Gud morning dee.
My friend (MF) : VGM! Do you know what day is today?
Me : Friday (Well,that was after checking my desktop calendar)
MF : Idiot! As if I don't know that. Something special dee
Me : Hmmm Anybody's birthday? But I don't remember any Libran in our gang.
MF : No dee. Not birthday. It is chocolate day dee Idiot!

Time 8:40 am

She kick started her work after this conversation. But I was curious. What on earth is this Chocolate day? I started googling and hit a site on this hindi movie bye name "Chocolate" stg Anil Kapoor, Sunil Shetty and Arshad Warsi. It is a thriller which portrays the mystifying personalities of seven individuals. And this movie also gives the word chocolate a different meaning - It is British slang for illegal goods it seems. Sulekha Reviewers have given it 3 stars out of 5.

After reading the stupid review, I realised my original aim and went back searching the origin of the special day. There was a music review on CHOCKLET aka CHOCOLATE. A music buff as I am, I clicked it and it was lolluexpress.com's review on that Prashant/Mumtaz movie. I remembered the gaana numbers of the film (Marudha Mala-all girls who've been in hostel can never forget this towel number) and the ridiculous climax where the nearly dead Prashant gets up with all josh when the sounds of the Ganesh Visarjan Bhajan drifts into his ears.How stupid and masalaish!!! No, this is not the one.

Quotations page - Now people had time to quote chocolates also? The inquisitive me, didn't leave that site also. Oh! There were just 2 of them

A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men.
Roald Dahl (1916 - 1990), (Willy Wonka) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get.
Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump

Blogs - There were lotsa blogs posted on chocolates including Kumari's. But none of them had the information that I was looking for :(

The Virtual chocolates website. I had good longing look at the mouth watering chocolates and delectable candies. But even they didn't say anything about the reason behind chocolate day celebration!!

Discussion Forums were there..But they discussed only about how happy they were because it was a National Holiday, their plans to prepare chip pancakes, and a lady said "I missed Chocolate Day? Totally not fair. I guess I'll have to celebrate late. Or maybe turn it into a chocolate weekend" Huh!

Time 9:40 am

MF : I guess it is time we login from here for the meeting.

Oops!! I'd spent almost a full hour doing nothing but trying to gather pieces together to solve the puzzle on "Chocolate day"!!
But, still I feel that was the best hour of the day, when I was happily browsing, unaware of the surroundings, enjoying/criticising/laughing at each and every article I read, though they were totally irrelevant and all in vain :)

And yes, me and MF treated ourselves with a big pack of Cadbury's Temptation and celebrated Chocolate day (as if we needed an excuse to have a bite at the irresistible confectionary)

And this is for all those chocolate lovers!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter