ALFRESCO PAGES

Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice; Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Yaen endra keyLvi

What is/Why Alfresco Pages? This is one of the questions posed to me very often whenever I give anyone my blog URL.

It all started way back in Jan 2005 when I took up this new year resolution of "Learn an English word a day" (Well, I have something to crib about this...shall do that later) Sometime in March, I came across the word 'extramural' which meant "Occurring or situated outside of the walls or boundaries". When I clicked the thesaurus option, the very first word I encountered was ALFRESCO - which means "In fresh air". I liked the word, it was kinda different. But couldn't find a context in day-to-day life wherein I could use it.

When I decided to blog, this was the very first word which came to my mind. And hence the name ALFRESCO PAGES. True to it's meaning, it has introduced me to a new world with fresh scented air everywhere - the blogosphere :)

10 Comments:

  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Harish said…

    Thanks
    Learnt a new word ur courtesy....

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mary :-)

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger Harish said…

    We'll still ask u what it means in the next meet :)

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger awakeningcoma said…

    indru oru thagaval

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Jagan said…

    danks for esplaining it ..i think we asked u this question when we met rt ? ..evolo late-ah answer comings ? avolo periya bulb ah ninga ?

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Yours Truly said…

    @harish - Edho ennaala mudinja nalla kaariyam!!

    @ferrari - Peter-ku badhila Mary..nalla irukkey :)

    @harish(Magix) - I shall memorise this post by then and deliver it as a speech :)

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Yours Truly said…

    @awakening coma - Appdiya? Thanks!!

    @jagan - Naan annikey explain paNNiteney. You were busily eyeing the girl in the next table. So unakku kaadhula vizhala pola irukku :-P

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice explanation YT,
    Naan first edho ungalukku 'ALthotta' Bhoopathy maadhiri 'Alfresco' YT nu patta pero nu nenachen....ippo understanding....:)

    Swapna

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Yours Truly said…

    @vee-jay - Enna/Yaen alfresco pages? Naan en blog valaimanyin mugavariyai kodukkum podhellaam palarum ennai keytkum keLvi idhu…starting eppdi?? :D

    @swapna - Hee Hee :)

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger JB said…

    naaney kekanumnu nenachen...u urself told the meaning of it :)
    very good ..thnx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter