ALFRESCO PAGES

Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice; Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

National Network

What can be more irritating than

- Putting up with "so-called actor" SJ Suryah (inspite of ARR's music) or "red-eyed" Rajkiran as a hero on big screen for full 2 and half hrs

- Walking down the messy, messier, messiest Ranganathan Street immediately after a heavy downpour

- Watching a mega serial *start episode* Daughter-in-law perpares coffee and mother-in-law drinks it criticising the taste and the d-i-l's dad's financial status *end episode*

- Getting stuck in traffic and reaching office/home in one and half hrs instead of in 15 mins

- Working under a MCP-ish manager

- Listening to regular Sun Music callers konji konji fighting with VJ Prajan for not being able to make out their names from their voice or telling Anandha Kannan that hez looking damn handsome

Back to question..Whatz more irritating than these??

For me, itz watching a late nite Hindi film in Doordarshan. Thanks to Mala, the cyclone, our cable operator disconnected the network(with prior intimation though) while I was determined to watch a movie. Left with no other choice but DD's "Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon".

Huh! Within an hour I knew I made a mistake. It went on like 10 mins movie-20 mins break-10 mins movie-20 mins break-10 mins movie-20 mins break and the cycle continues. Movie was so-so. But after knowing that Abhishek Bachchan is doing a cameo in the latter part of the 2nd half, I sat till the end of the movie cursing each and every commercial break (which I know by-heart now)

Crazy!!! I know...but still once in a while itz ok :) On Dec 24th, DD is screening "Hum Aapke Hain Kaun". Will I watch it for the nth time?? That too in Doordarshan?? Just because itz my favourite movie?? I honestly haven't decided yet ;-)

8 Comments:

  • At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I watched this movie for Kareena Kapoor. I decided then, I will never watch hindi movies in movie hall!

    HAHK is another movie that bored me to death :-(

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger NS said…

    while waiting for the cameo of Abhishek bachan, how the hell can u tolerate Kareena kapoor for 3 hrs till then?! staring at AB junior's poster is a better option..:D Arrrrghhhh @ kareena kapoor!

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Watching a film in DD is really a PATIENCE TEST....Mostly happens like v vil 4get the Continuity of the last scene after watching SO SO SO Many ads.

    even knowing the BITTER TRUTH abt DD i still watch ONLY Shah Ruks Film sitting hrs together tolerating all ads..

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    anon was me

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Jagan said…

    abhisekh bachaan kaga u watched the movie ah ? kastam ...

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger IcEyeZ said…

    tht was funny dude ! ;-)

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Yours Truly said…

    @vee-jay - Yeah!! Lots infact

    @ferrari - Maybe I liked HAHK coz that was the first movie of that genre which I saw. But not the subsequent ones with too many chachas, chachis, a song for every family gathering and not to forget the senti senti sagayee, bidayee and Karva chauth.

    @nithya - Actually me felt Kareena Kapoor looked better in this movie

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Yours Truly said…

    @sri - Ur Shahrukh craze. I know. You admire him even on hoardings :) much to the annoyance of someone

    @jagan - Y? Avanukku vot korachal??

    @iceyez - :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter